The mind is where we live. An exploding galaxy of noise and flurry, or a grey floating cloud. Until the body taps it on the shoulder and says, ‘hey I’m hungry.’
‘Watch where you’re going.’
‘Ouch, stop thinking so much you’re giving me a headache!’
Where is the shoulder in the mind you may ask? Sometimes I forget. Sometimes my mind dances a Salsa. so the body can’t catch it to give it a tap.
But today, eating a simple carrot (it’s been a while) ushered me back to the blessing of focus:
- of doing something different, or as if it was the first time
- the evanescence of everything (except love)
- of truly being here right now in this perfect moment, in every moment
- that any moment can be a perfect moment, even if you’re just eating a carrot!
- how thankful I am to be a living human, who gets to experience love, laughter and a gamut of emotions and wonder.
It was an appeal from someone I love (after he read these three rambles) to share my ‘unique way of seeing things’ with the world that convinced me. Despite my sometimes ridiculously long sentences (and favoured use of parenthesis) (Okay, now I’m doing it on purpose!)
I couldn’t say no.
How did I get here? A carrot, and a heartfelt request to share my weirdness. I am grateful a carrot shared its wisdom with this humble mortal and I am thankful to all who read. ❤ ❤ ❤
With Thanks to Thankful Thursday